P2 workflow

Posted by epp 
epp
P2 workflow
March 11, 2006 06:43AM
Does anyone know of a good P2 workflow tutorial for us FCPusers?
Re: P2 workflow
March 11, 2006 10:06AM
check out Shane Ross's video tutorial at
<[www.proapptips.com];

(it is going to updated with some extra logging bin info when Shane sends me the next video but the basics are there)

David at Movies Rock in Toronto
[www.tofcpug.com]
March 11, 2006 11:20AM
Apple has a white paper on this that I found somewhere. E-mail me and I'll send it to you.

All the best,

Tom
March 11, 2006 11:00PM
What I've seen so far indicates P2 cards will fit in a standard PCMCIA Type 2 slot and allow you to read media files right in.

They are still too expensive for ordinary mortals. The 8 GB highest storage value offered by Panasonic goes for 2 grand-- each. That's insane. As I understand it these are standard flash memory chips a la iPod Nano, wired together, so it's inevitable the costs come down soon. But for 6K, this is definitely a camera system to look at. The attraction is the P2 speed, the distraction is the need to clear a card to an archive disk to keep shooting,or be forced to buy more P2.

The new HVX200 allows 2 of those-- 90 minutes of standard DV, much less for HD flavors. Its bigger brother allows 6 or 8, forget which.

Stuff to cogitate upon.

And just when I was starting to get comfortable wth SATA II, now I hear about SaSCSI!!! (Serial Attached SCSI).

- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:
Set a Level keyframe with Command-Option K !

The FCP 5 KeyGuide?: a professional placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central:
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics