dvd burner f*** up(pioneer 110d)

Posted by digitalfilmmaker 
dvd burner f*** up(pioneer 110d)
May 08, 2006 06:07PM
since yesterday impossible to burn anything wether it's with toast or idvd and even with disk utility. error messages all the time. i'm thinking of updating with the 1.22 firmware...
Re: dvd burner f*** up(pioneer 110d)
May 08, 2006 07:23PM
What are the error messages?
bj
May 08, 2006 09:28PM
I heard that unit was on sale at newegg for $37.00 awhile back.
May 09, 2006 12:02AM
You may be burning from your boot drive - which may not be fast enough or too full. Since you didn't post your error message, we're only guessing here. Did you get a "Sense Key" error? Usually they are caused by too slow of a drive.

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

May 09, 2006 03:39PM
for idvd the message was a multiplexing error and for toast it was a medium error or something. i couldn't even burns photos on a cd with disk utility...
May 09, 2006 04:46PM
"medium error or something"

That's not too vague tongue sticking out smiley

You should write these errors down when they happen (everyone should). There is a reason behind them and would help put us on the right track to help you.

- Joey

May 11, 2006 11:29AM
i even tried to burn a couple of pics via the finder, it doesn't work either... are you guys sure it's not burner related? yeah i should have written down the messages...
May 11, 2006 12:16PM
...cannot be sure unless I see 'da errors

May 12, 2006 01:58AM
ok i repaired the authorizations now i can burn normally. the issue now is that the dvd i burned with idvd is kinda messed up: sometimes it bugs, sometimes the sound is not synchronized. the original video is like 5gb so it got compressed automatically. in the preferences i chose optimal performances and i didn't check activate encoding in the background, i dunno if it's related...
May 12, 2006 03:03AM
I'm pretty sure the burner you're talking about is external. Last I checked -- admittedly it's been awhile -- iDVD only works with internal Apple-supported SuperDrives.
May 12, 2006 07:51AM
no, i burned many dvd's with idvd in the past and it worked just fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics