OT-A Tribute to NY and Peace

Posted by Rui Barros 
OT-A Tribute to NY and Peace
May 09, 2006 05:17PM
Hi.

It was very hard for me to do this video because of the number of victims of the 9/11.
Each one has his or her name on this project. Like many others in Bali, Madrid and all over this world that we call home they must not be forgotten.
Send your comments and help me on the english. I hope it is correct.

Here is the link:

[ruibarrosonline.planetaclix.pt]

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
Apple Certified Trainer FCP 7
Apple Certified Pro FCP 7
Re: OT-A Tribute to NY and Peace
May 09, 2006 06:00PM
i can hear the audio but its a white screen

Sean
May 09, 2006 06:04PM
Hi.

You need Quicktime 7.

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
May 09, 2006 06:48PM
i have 7.0.4
May 09, 2006 10:53PM
Very well done! Bravo
Anonymous User
May 10, 2006 12:12AM
Excellent Rui

Loved it!

May 10, 2006 12:31AM
it works now Rui thats a really good video

Sean
May 10, 2006 07:51AM
Nice work Rui.

You said you wanted some help with the English, so here's some suggestions.

'For milions of questions still there is only one answer. Why?'

This doesn't really make grammatical sense. 'Why?' is not an answer. Also, 'millions' has two 'l's'.

In 'Terrorism is a coward war ... '

Perhaps it would be better said as 'Terrorism is a coward's war. We may never meet the winners, but every day, somewhere in the world, someone remembers a vicitm.

Also
This video is a tribute to peace, and to a city that I fell in love with in 2003.

I think that it's nice that you included the rest of the world. Lots of people are dying in this war.
May 10, 2006 09:25AM
Rui,

You requested comments, so do not take it personally. This is my Professional opinion. There are a few issues technically that you may want to fix (aside from Jude's spelling corrections):

* The text roll over the running ftg gets pretty lost in the background. The background should be muted / taken down so the roll is more legible. I would lose the flag behind the text (you already have a flag in the letterbox), add a soft drop shadow and mask (feathered) off & soften that area of the ftg behind the text.
* The spacing of the text pieces in that roll is not consistant
* There are a few edits that should be cuts instead of dissolves, IMHO
* The flag letterbox cuts off some pretty important action in spots. You may want to either open it up a bit or consider animating the ftg underneath
* The names in the second half need to be redone IMHO. The hard cutting at the end is very rough to watch because you can't make out a single name (looks like alphabet soup). I know someone on that list (a fireman) and I know that family & friends would like to see his name. It currently looks like movie credits that were sped up just to make them fit...and it shouldn't be that way in a Memorial. I would make it so the names are on screen longer and are readable. That should be one giant roll or retype each page with better spacing & stretch each page out and do dissolves between each page. Hard cuts here are totally inappropriate. I also would not have done it over black. I would have used a treated version of the famous "Iron Cross" image of the broken steel girders that were welded together in the shape of the crucifix.

That's my 2¢.

God Bless

- Joey

Post Edited (05-10-06 07:35)

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

May 12, 2006 03:34AM
Hi.

Thank's for your comments.
Jude, your english lesson helped me and i will do the changes. English is not my native language and sometimes it is not very easy to express my self.
Joey, as professional i recognise an opinion from a professional.
The Pros don't take comments personally, they learn from each other. That's my humble opinion.
My ideia for the list name was for the names to be bigger and longer in duration but due to length of the music i had do it like it is on the video. I agree with you and i will aplly an transition. There is a reason for a black background, the " Iron Cross" would make it better but i'm not sure that a crucifix is symbol for all religions. Catholics, Jews, Muslams and more were victims. A black backgroung respect's everyone believes.
What does IMHO stands for?
Thank's again to all of you.

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
May 12, 2006 11:40AM
Rui i believe "IMHO" means "in my humble opinion" someone will correct me if i'm wrong.

Sean
Anonymous User
May 12, 2006 12:06PM
The "H" means humble, or sometimes honest. Subtle difference.

deb

May 12, 2006 12:22PM
Hi.

Thank's and i'm sorry for my bad english.

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
May 12, 2006 11:36PM
Not a problem

Sean
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics