dvd from hdv footage

Posted by J.Garcia 
dvd from hdv footage
May 14, 2006 02:36PM
Almost done w my priojec t in hdv. its ther a specific way to output to dvd that i need to follow.

Probably do Idvd for play...
thanks

fcp 5.1
dual 2.3 g5
hdv shot on HC1

Thanks
J. García
[casualthinking.com]
Re: dvd from hdv footage
May 14, 2006 03:30PM
the best way that ive found is to create a new uncompressed sequence. then drop your source sequence into that. then export a reference movie and drop that into dvdspro
May 14, 2006 04:57PM
Wayne sorry man but could you explain a little bit more..

When you say uncompress, in what way? I capture using the easy set up for the hc1, but my footage is always unreender in the timeline when i drop it in, it fitts perfect on the viewer so i does no seem like a ratio issue, other than taht ive been just cuttinig away kind of blindly and reendering every other moment, also not familiar w dvd spro, can i use idvd, this is an in house thing for an art exhibit as a back ground movie...

thanks for all the help, greatly appreciated

J.

Thanks
J. García
[casualthinking.com]
May 15, 2006 01:36AM
ive never had the problems that youre having... first of all, are you sure it was shot in HDV mode? second, i wonder if maybe you have your camera set to downconvert to SD in camera on capture?

when i say "uncompressed" i mean, go under the file menu, pull down to new then over to new - sequence. once thats there select it and right click to pull up settings. there you can set it up to be 8bit uncompressed. then drop your earlier sequence into that one - then export a reference movie.

there may be a newer or better way, from from my tests and others workflows that ive read - this seems the best approach...

i havent used idvd in quite some time, so i cant promise. but i dont know why it wouldnt accept a reference movie just as dvdspro does...?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics