FCP crashing computer

Posted by Amy Teitter 
FCP crashing computer
May 16, 2006 04:00PM
I'm running FCP 4 and HD on a Dual 450 G4 processor with maxed out ram and a brand new 100gig hard drive. The computer has been recently serviced and reportedly has no problems. I have run several FCP programs on this machine and never experienced this problem before. I use it mainly for digitizing footage and it frequently quits after the tape is digitized when I attempt to save or perform any other function. It has also been acting strangely when I attempt to watch footage after it is digitzed, the picture turns white until I pause it then the picture comes back. If the computer goes to sleep, it does not wake up again and I have to force a restart. My apple repair guy says it's got to be the program and that I should reinstall it. Now that I have done this (reinstalled Final Cut 4) my project is in HD and will only open in HD. Do I have to trash the update and reinstall it or should it be good to go?
thanks
Amy
Re: FCP crashing computer
May 16, 2006 04:30PM
#15 White or Black Canvas

Shane's Stock Answer #15:

Make sure the canvas or viewer are selected then go to VIEW>CHANNELS and set it to RGB. It might be set to ALPHA.

Make sure your computers is set not to go to sleep.

Shane's Stock Tip Mantra: If the program was working fine, and now isn't, or just isn't working the way it should, the first things to do are:

1) Trash your FCP preferences. Download the appropriate version of FCP Rescue at [www.pistolerapost2.com] and run it.

2) Open the Disk Utility and Repair Permissions.

Try all that.
Re: FCP crashing computer
May 16, 2006 05:37PM
thanks, I will try that, unfortunately, it'll be a few days until I'm near this computer to try this.

thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics