FCP 5 crash @ startup

Posted by tejana 
FCP 5 crash @ startup
May 18, 2006 06:55PM
I've read several threads but everytihng seems to refer to FCP4 ...
I'm running on a 867 dual w/ 10.3.9 1.5 SDRAMM

I've been digitizing HD footage from a Sony HDcam to a LaCie drive w/ 346G available ....

I was working for 2 days without incident, shutdown last night and when i started back up today I got the typical mesage that the program was not seeing the camera ... which it has been telling me for days but recognizes it once I go to log and capture.

anyay, i got the message and instead of "Check Again" I selected Continue . the window closed and after about 15 seconds on the startup screen, the program quit...

I've turned the camera off, then removed the camera completely ... I used disk utility to verify and repair permissions for my hard drive and all the peripherals. Next I removed the drive i was digitizing to ... then it asked me to change the scratch disk, which I did ... lots of restarts and shut downs and startups but nothing works ...

I also did a OSX / Unix fix mentioned in one of the threads ... using Terminal ... all to no avail.

Any ideas anyone?
Re: FCP 5 crash @ startup
May 18, 2006 07:27PM
Are you using Quicktime 7?

[docs.info.apple.com]
May 18, 2006 07:56PM
yes ... QT player 7.04
May 18, 2006 09:39PM
<<I've read several threads but everytihng seems to refer to FCP4 ...>>

What's missing here is the version you ARE running. One could assume 5.x, but that could be dangerous.

Scott
May 18, 2006 10:02PM
I just went from 4.5 to 5.0 ... I haven't upgraded since.
May 19, 2006 04:35AM
Try going to the link I posted for a solution, as you have upgraded QT. and this often results in a loss of camera .. um.. thing.. brain a bit fried tonight.. camera.. recognition.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics