Ongoing DVC-PRO issues

Posted by dmings 
Ongoing DVC-PRO issues
May 19, 2006 12:47PM
Several months ago I posted an enquiry about using FCP with a Panasonic AJ-D230 deck. At that time, I could capture from the deck consistently, but could not output to it. Since then, I went through a spell where I could output to it fairly well, but then one day it just stopped working. Now I can't even capture from it. It will initially "see" it and stat to control the deck in Log and Capture, but then will lose control. I have tried many different things, including getting rid of the preferences file. My boss wants to know what DVC-Pro deck we can buy that will work reliably with FCP. I notice that now people are reporting problems with the AJ-D250 deck as well. Is there a reasonably priced DVC-pro deck that Will work?
Re: Ongoing DVC-PRO issues
May 19, 2006 01:57PM
I use the AJ-D230H myself without any problems for the past 3 years or so. All the Panasonic decks I've used with the FW option tend to work very easily with FCP. The problem you are having is most likely with the FW option board. Have you taken the deck in for service? I suspect that if the FW option board is replaced, your deck will work fine again.

Andy
May 19, 2006 02:28PM
Andy,

Are you using the deck with FCP 5? A lot of people --including us-- are reporting loss of audio sync with captured clips. Works fine with FCP4/HD.

Dennis
May 20, 2006 02:42AM
I use the D230 with FCP 4.5, but I also have an FCP 5 system that uses the AJ-SD93 with no problems.

Andy
May 20, 2006 10:36AM
The problem only seems to affect the D230 and D250 with FCP 5.
May 20, 2006 12:08PM
Hmm, interesting. I hadn't heard that before. Then maybe dmings long-term solution would be to upgrade to one of the newer DVC Pro decks. Perhaps the FW board in the newer models is more rock-solid. Personally I love the AJ-SD93. It's an awesome little deck. I wish I could afford it at home.

Andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics