what is LTC in device control preset editor?

Posted by dannylee78 
what is LTC in device control preset editor?
May 19, 2006 09:00PM
i am capturing HD varicam footage. it reads dv time or LTC.. all else is inactive. which should i chooose?

also, log and capture window is not reading my panasonic 1200a deck! the deck is set to DVCPRO HD OUT. cable's all connected. think it is in FCP or my computer somewhere.. but not sure.. been at it for 3 hours! anybody expert advice is greatly appreciated.

danny

www.calicoarts.com
www.rockfreshfilm.com
Re: what is LTC in device control preset editor?
May 20, 2006 10:37AM
Yeah that deck can be tricky. It's been a while, but I remeber there were three things in the menu settings of the deck that all had to be set right in order for FCP to "see the deck"

Off my bad memory, I think the three things were.

Output - 720p
Frequency - 59.97
and there was one more that needed to be set to 59.97

And I do remeber that in order to activate one of the settings you had to shut the deck off and back on.

Also, I remeber closing the Capture window between settings, so FCP can reset what it is looking for.

Hope this helps, again, sorry it has been a while and I don't have a deck in front of me!

-Rick
May 20, 2006 12:01PM
<<<dv time or LTC>>>

Working strictly from the English words, I would assume LTC (Linear Time Code) would be full-on SMPTE Time Code with all the associated bells and whistles, User Bits, Drop Flags etc., etc. DV isn't strictly timecode, but "frame code" which identifies each video frame and doesn't do much else.

DV of course, is the stripped down version that appears natively on MiniDV videotapes.

I know this doesn't help a bit.

Koz

May 20, 2006 07:36PM
Use the LTC=Longitudinal Timecode.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics