export to wmv

Posted by shar 
export to wmv
May 17, 2006 09:00PM
Hi. I'm trying to export a one minute sequence from FCP4.5 to a Windows Media file (using flip4mac). The export seems to work fine, it acts like its done, but in fact it has only exported half the sequence. i've tried exporting from FCP and also from QTPlayer and I get the same thing. I also tried exporting a QT of the sequence, re-importing it to FCP and then exporting that to WMV, but same thing. Is the full wmv file really there, but my mac isn't reading it properly?? it's a mystery...

I have to compress the sequence to a wmv less than 3MB. I don't know a lot about compression and even less about compression to Windows. i've tried different settings but no luck...

does anyone know why this might be happening?

Many thanks in advance.

shar

Post Edited (05-17-06 19:29)
Anonymous User
Re: export to wmv
May 17, 2006 09:40PM
Any chance you're using the demo of flip4mac? That has a length limit because it's the demo.

May 17, 2006 09:49PM
Hmm, that may the answer.

The version I have isnt a demo, but now that i check, I think it's only a read program, not an export.

duh.

Thanks!
May 18, 2006 10:25AM
Yup, to get the full working Flip4Mac export you'd need either $49 Studio, $99 Studio Pro, $179 Studio Pro HD.

Craig Seeman
[thirdplanetvideo.com]
May 24, 2006 07:34PM
Does anyone else experiece Flip4Mac taking extremely long to export a .wmv? I am exporting from Quicktime and I am using an iMAC G5.
May 24, 2006 09:45PM
I'm beta testing the next version 2.1 which will be MANY TIMES faster. It should be out soon (a few weeks I believe).

Craig Seeman
[thirdplanetvideo.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics