Audio in timeline

Posted by jimmy 
Audio in timeline
May 26, 2006 05:18PM
running fcp 4.5 G5 2 ghz 1 gig ram

when i playback audio in the timeline its seems to lag a bit.....
anyone?
Re: Audio in timeline
May 26, 2006 08:31PM
Lag as in not in snyc with the picture? Is your audio monitoring set to the same place as your video monitoring? What set up do you have? external speakers? Mixing desk? Deck, or camera attached?
May 26, 2006 10:02PM
sorry , Jude.... great questions....

I am using a music track. I seperated the audio from the video and deleted it.
Inserted an .aif. music track

The music track stutters seems slow....
what is audio/video monitoring?
May 27, 2006 12:59AM
No, Jude's question was this:
* Where are you monitoring video? NTSC/PAL monitor off your deck/camera, or FCP's canvas?
* Where are you monitoring audio? Off a deck/camera or directly out of the computer's audio outputs?

If one is off the deck/camera and the other is off the computer, then they will not be in synch.
You must monitor BOTH the video and audio from the same point to have them in synch.
And the preferred point is off the deck/camera via NTSC/PAL monitor/speakers, because nothing else is true enough.

Scott

May 27, 2006 07:29AM
Is it aiff at 48k? Try doing an audio mixdown [Render > Only > Mixdown] and see if this makes the problem go away. If so, you probably need to run the track though iTunes to make it more compatible with your project.
May 27, 2006 10:52AM
i tried the mixdown...didnt work

what would i do in itunes? to make it more compatible.

BTW i am running straiaght out of the MAC to desktop speakers. No added equipment.

thanks to all for your help thus far
May 27, 2006 11:07AM
Make sure your AIFF's settings match your timeline's. Most timelines are set by default to 48kHz, 16-bit stereo. If your AIFF is at 44.1kHz, or 12-bit, then you could have playback glitches. Select the AIFF in FCP and press APPLE-9 to check its settings, then select your sequence and press APPLE-0 to check Sequence Settings.
May 29, 2006 06:51AM
I checked all of the above and its still not playing smooth.....
hmmmm........
May 29, 2006 10:51AM
What media drive are you using? If you're using a misformatted drive, playback may not be able to keep up. Outline your hardware specs.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics