Keyboard shortcut for logging?

Posted by harry323 
Keyboard shortcut for logging?
May 28, 2006 02:12PM
Does anyone know a keyboard shortcut for me to get to the logging page? I'm fed up with going "Control, Item properties, logging" with the mouse as I go through the dailies renaming all the shots.

Many thanks.

Harry.

Harry Bromley-Davenport.
Re: Keyboard shortcut for logging?
May 28, 2006 02:20PM
APPLE-9 will get you into Item Properties. There isn't a default shortcut for Item Logging Info, but you can make one. Press OPTION-H to access Custom Keyboard Layout, then type in "logging" in the search window. Drag Item Logging Info to a blank shortcut key under one of the tabs. Alternately, you can drag the Item Logging Info icon to the button area (upper right) of the Viewer, Canvas or Timeline window, or you can CONTROL-click on the item and then go to Item Properties - Logging.

Renaming of clips is best done in the Browser, however. And some people -- Mark Raudonis and I included -- don't recommend renaming the clips. Matching file names and clip names are a major advantage in file management.
Anonymous User
May 28, 2006 02:27PM
APPLE+8 opens up the Log & Capture window.

Is this what you're looking for?

May 28, 2006 03:13PM
Thank you both very much for your replies.

I've never made a custom shortcut - so that's great.

Best,

Harry.

Harry Bromley-Davenport.
May 29, 2006 02:31AM
i got used to using the numbers on the keypad before "Auto Select" took them over,
so i mapped Option + Apple + keypad numbers for all the old favourites.
so for me it's:

Option + Apple + number pad 9 for item props,

Control + Apple + number pad 9 for logging info

FWIW, the name is the default editable field either way,
but if you need to add more logging info then i guess you need to open the uh... logging info page smiling smiley

cheers,
nick

May 29, 2006 12:56PM
Thanks Nick.

Harry

Harry Bromley-Davenport.
May 30, 2006 07:43PM
Try Movie Logger. I checked out the demo and will probably get it for another project. - [www.digital-heaven.co.uk]

Creates FinalCut XML files and also formatted Rich Text files for human consumption smiling smiley

If you use this tool I recommend using the the quick log if you want to continue watching the clip while logging. Otherwise: Log > pause > save > click on log entry > edit > then set the out point when ready. Sounds more complicated than it is. Maybe I'm just paranoid about loosing edits.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics