AE Effects Error?

Posted by Peter73 
AE Effects Error?
May 27, 2006 03:14PM
'AE Effects Error: Out of memory rendering "Title Crawl" '
This is the message I get repeatedly after trying to export my movie onto the hard drive. My hard drive still has 40GB, so I know I'm able to export a Quicktime movie file there. Any suggestions?

G5/dual 1.8/1.25GB memory/250GB Lacie External HD
FCP 4.1/FCP HD
Re: AE Effects Error?
May 27, 2006 05:20PM
If you have 1.25 GB memory, what's the 512KB number for? Anyway, 1.25 gigs of memory is scary-low for AE. AE thrives on plenty of RAM (it reads 3 Gigs). I suggest 4 or more (I have 4.5 installed) so you can run other programs at the same time.

Also, G5 RAM MUST be installed in matching sticks:

[docs.info.apple.com]

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

AE Effects Error: Out of memory rendering "Title Crawl"
May 28, 2006 09:55PM
Update on AE Effects Error problem.

I'm working in FCP4.
The previous version of this movie sequence exported successfully onto the hard drive a few days before. I went back and did some tweeking and perfected a second cut. Ever since, I've been trying to export this new version onto my hard drive with repeated failure.
(AE Effects Error: Out of memory rendering "Title Crawl"winking smiley

I have 40+GB in my external hard drive. So I know that's not the issue.
To pin-point the problem, I thought I'd exported the movie sequence in 3 parts. So I nested each section as a single movie and exported them into 3 Quicktime movie files onto the hard drive. I was hoping to find the error message in that particular section so I can fix it. To my great frustration, they all exported beautifully without any error messages. All three of them!
So in theory, if I can slice my movie into 3 sections and export them successfully, my sequence as a whole does not have any problems. Then why can't I export them as a complete 72 minute movie?

Is it length? I've exported a previous version before and the same length was not a problem.

Is it problems with text generators? Then how come when I exported them in separate sections they were without problem?

This is a mystery to me and I can't seem to find an answer.
Anyone out there with a similar problem?
I need enlightenment.

Thanx,

FCP 4.1/FCP HD
May 28, 2006 10:36PM
1. See my previous post (AE eats RAM - you need more - and they must be in matching pairs for a G5)

2. You don't "export" a movie from AE...you Render it in the Render Queue.

3. Check your Memory & Cache Settings...should be at 90% / 50%

4. See #1

You should not have to render 3 pieces of a movie. You are not saying what version of AE you are using, what your Comp Settings are, your Render Settings are, what codec you are using, etc. anyway, so I am guessing on all this. You should adjust your signature to include Software versions.

May 28, 2006 10:48PM
He's not using AE - he's getting an AE error in FCP. This sometimes happens when you've overloaded your machines little mind. Try rebooting. If that doesn;t work, do several self contained movies like you've done and then recombine them in a new timeline.

The problem section is the title crawl, so you can probably do the whole thing up to just before the titles, and then do the titles by themselves.
May 28, 2006 11:18PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

Since I exported my movie sequence in 3 separate sections successfully before, I'm now combining the 3 nested sequences into one new timeline to see if they would export as one that way.

I'm suspecting the problem might be the subtitle. I subtitled part of the movie using the "Title Crawl" text function, just because "Title Crawl" offered more options for me to manipulate the text. I'm now questioning that decision...

How do most people deal with subtitles? Were we not suppose to use "Title Crawl? for subtitles? Does it eat up too much memory that way? Shall I go back and redo the subtitle section in something else?

Thanks again for the help.

FCP 4.1/FCP HD
May 28, 2006 11:35PM
Title Crawl does chew up RAM -- it beachballs all the time. How much text did you try to cram into one Title Crawl object? Have you tried splitting those up?
May 28, 2006 11:44PM
I did my subtitling with "Title Crawl"... and one-third of the movie was subtitled. Should I not have done that?

FCP 4.1/FCP HD
May 28, 2006 11:57PM
He's not using AE? How do you know when he never stated that? Peter, why the heck didn't you tell me that when I answered your first question???

Man...I gotta change the batteries on my mind-reading helmet...I'm falling way behind tongue sticking out smiley

BTW...I still think you don't have enough RAM tongue sticking out smiley

Sorry...just trying to help.

- Joey

May 29, 2006 02:25AM
> I did my subtitling with "Title Crawl"... and one-third of the movie was
> subtitled. Should I not have done that?

Well, if you gotta subtitle, you gotta subtitle...but using Title Crawl for subtitles is a waste. Title Crawl uses much more processing power because it tries to calculate the scroll for you, adjusts the speed in real time whenever you change its length. Use Boris Title3D instead, or for subtitles, even Final Cut Pro's own Text object is sufficient.
May 30, 2006 12:27PM
Thanks Derek.
I deleted my Title Crawl subtitles and replaced them with FCP's outlined text instead. And no more error messages. Lesson learned. No Title Crawl for subtitles.

Thanks again.

FCP 4.1/FCP HD
May 30, 2006 10:33PM
Sorry to interrupt, pete.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics