delete markers issue

Posted by DM 
DM
delete markers issue
June 03, 2006 03:33PM
I exported a self-contained QT file of my project with chapter markers to iDVD.However, when I looked at the scene selection, I discovered that there were too many chapters and they were improperly labeled. I dumped the iDVD project and I went back to FC , selected my timeline and deleted all markers. i went to re-do my marks and hit the M key (as usual) to place my first marker. The marker number shown was not reset to zero, or even a lower number. This concerns me as i deleted about 15 markers total from the timeline, 7 of which were chapter markers. When I re-apply new markers, the marker number is as high as before I deleted them. Anyone know why? Could this be an issue with iDVD since i am exporting a self-contained QT file with chapter markers. Am I somehow compounding markers on top of markers? The marker overlay text in the canvas looks right.

FC 5.0.4
iDVD 6
OS 10.4.6
Re: delete markers issue
June 03, 2006 04:02PM
> The marker number shown was not reset to zero, or even a lower number.
> This concerns me as i deleted about 15 markers total from the timeline, 7 of
> which were chapter markers.

Ignore the numbers and rename them manually. Every FCP timeline remembers the number of markers ever created, even if they've already been deleted. This has no bearing on whether the markers export. If it really bugs you, nest the sequence in a new sequence and do the markers there.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics