How do I create and use multiclips?

Posted by halmasonberg 
How do I create and use multiclips?
June 09, 2006 08:13PM
I have three angles shot on DV. I have FCP5. I've input the footage into FCP and want to do a quick real-time edit between the 3 angles. Being new to this feature and also being a bit confused by the manual descriptions, could someone explain to me how to link these 3 angles ( I have to link manually--no matching timecode), and then view all 3 at the same time while choosing which angle to cut to?

Thanks in advance,

Hal
Re: How do I create and use multiclips?
June 09, 2006 11:30PM
Highlight a clip and then go under Edit to Item Properties then Format. Assign a different number or letter to each clip you are going to use for the multiclip. Find a sync point on each clip and set an in point. Then select each clip in your browser and under Modify select Make Multiclip. Load new multiclip into your viewer, option drag to the timeline then under View make sure Playhead Sync is Open. You're ready to switch between clips as you play in the timeline by clicking the shot you want in the viewer with your mouse.
June 10, 2006 01:24AM
Thanks. How do I get the clips in the viewer to play at the same time as the Timeline/Canvas? Seems like either one or the other. And when I click an image in the viewer, everything stops as opposed to making a cut. Must be doing something wrong or I have an incorrect setting. Whaddya think?

Hal
DM
June 10, 2006 09:03AM
do yourself a favor (as I did). Go to ripple training and see about downloading Steve's primer on multi-clips. (not the advanced one). It is worth every cent of the 20 buck download cost.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics