FCP on MacBook 2.0Ghz

Posted by Mike Watson 
FCP on MacBook 2.0Ghz
June 20, 2006 03:40PM
Hi,

I'm looking at buying the MacBook 2.0Ghz to run FCP on. I'm aware that it works (though it's not supported), I'm wondering if anyone here has any real-world experience with it, and has any advice.

I will probably immediately upgrade to 1GB of RAM.

My crossgrade is already in the mail.

The Apple store has Macbooks in their refurbished section for $200 off. This seems too good to pass up, unless anyone has a horror story of refurbished Apples. Typically, their refurbished reputation is pretty good.

MacMall also has good deals on MacBooks (~$100 off), and no tax, but I've never dealt with them before.

Your thoughts and suggestions are welcome.
Anonymous User
Re: FCP on MacBook 2.0Ghz
June 20, 2006 04:03PM
Only "real world" experience I've read is this

[www.creativemac.com]

But understand there is no slot to add an external FW or SATA drive for your media so you are forced to capture to your internal drive and then move those files to an external FW 400 drive and re-connect. Daisy chaining a deck and drive often proves problematic.

June 20, 2006 07:34PM
There are Express caard 34 FW800 cards now so that you can use external drives. I'm running the new crossgrade on a 2.0 and it runs incredibly well. I have only had issues with DVDSP since the crossgrade.
[www.usbgear.com]
[www.cooldrives.com]
Anonymous User
June 20, 2006 08:55PM
This is for a Macbook PRO not a Macbook

June 20, 2006 09:08PM
Darn this new naming convention....
June 20, 2006 10:51PM
So... You're having trouble with DVD SP on the Macbook Pro? That doesn't bode well for the Macbook. What sort of issues are you having?
June 21, 2006 02:01AM
The problems I am having are with the software, not with the computer itself. Here si a link to the post I put on the DVDSP board. I had posted one of these problems the other day but no one responded so maybe I am the only one experiencing these issues.

[www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics