Fake Multiclip

Posted by Kozikowski 
Fake Multiclip
June 20, 2006 07:14PM
I found out from searching back threads how to launch the sound mixer and use it to play back multiple audio tracks at the same time and thus aid with syncing and timing issues.

Is there a video version of the sound mixer? That is, cause the Canvas to play back a half-lap dissolve between two or more video tracks--effectively giving you a poor man's multiclip without the college level course of instruction.

I'm still struggling with a lecture and recorded live support graphics and trying to figure out how to cut beween them when you can only see one at a time.

Remember, my hat does *not* say editor.

Koz

Re: Fake Multiclip
June 20, 2006 07:58PM
Could you split the clips with the blade tool or control V and then make the clips on top opacity 0% for the ones you don't want to see or 100% as needed?
June 20, 2006 08:06PM
layer your 2 clips in the timeline,
then set the top one's opacity to 50%
do that by turning on "Clip Overlays" that's Option W in the timeline, or the little "mountain peak" icon bottom left of timeline.
that'll give you a red line on the audio (volume)
and a black line on the video (opacity)
which you can grab and drag down (or keyframe if you want to with the pen tool)

so now you can see your 2 clips, even if it is a bit confusing as a mix.
blade where you want a cut, (or Control V) and either pull the opacity right down, or all the way up.
opacity at 0% will still require a render, though,
so maybe better would be to un-enable the clip.
that's Control B

cheers,
nick

June 20, 2006 10:29PM
> effectively giving you a poor man's multiclip without the college level course
> of instruction.

If you're trying to see more than one angle at the same time, I'd recommend using split-screen instead of opacity. Take the clips' Scale to 50-65 per cent, then move one to the left (-x, y) and one to the right (+x, y). You can then make the split-screen positions into Motion Paths (CONTROL-F), rename them (for example, "Split Screen L" and "Split Screen R"winking smiley and put them into your Browser. Any time you want to split two angles, drag the correct Motion Path and drop it onto the clip. To take the clip out of split-screen mode, just use Remove Attributes (OPTION-APPLE-V).
June 21, 2006 12:34PM
<<<I'd recommend using split-screen instead of opacity.>>>

All grand ideas. I'll be trying them out as soon as I can get back on the machine.

Thank yew.

Koz

June 21, 2006 12:56PM
Oh, and you can handle four angles with split-screen. Try that with opacity, I dare ya!
June 21, 2006 07:32PM

<<<I dare ya!I dare ya!>>>

Some of this may wait for a production to clear. We got our first Feature Film where the client isn't on an Avid.

Surprise.

So far, we got a cut sequence as a DVD movie, pulled it in by playing and capturing it live and discovered the 24-frame movie, being produced in a PAL country (on a PAL DVD) had every 24th frame duplicated to make up the difference.

No, the frame counts didn't work out right. Yes, it's on the DVD like that.

This is us stocking extra pain killers.

Koz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics