best graphics card for 30" monitor?

Posted by nimerz 
best graphics card for 30" monitor?
June 21, 2006 04:59PM
hello all,

I finally caved in and purchased the new 30" monitor. I was wondering if there if anyone has a recommendation on the best graphics card for it.

thanks,

Nima
Re: best graphics card for 30" monitor?
June 21, 2006 07:26PM
I am guessing "THE" 30" monitor means the Apple. You didn't list your machine set-up (FAQ, Mike) so we're guessing here. BTW... GOOGLE is your friend:

[www.apple.com]

[store.apple.com]

System Requirements for the Apple 30" Monitor

* - Power Mac G5 (PCI-X) with ATI Radeon 9650 or better or NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT DDL or better with Mac OS X v10.3.9 or Mac OS X v10.4.2 or later
* - Power Mac G5 (PCI Express), all graphics options
* - PowerBook G4 with dual-link DVI support and Mac OS X v.10.3.9 or Mac OS X v10.4.2 or later
* - MacBook Pro with Mac OS X 10.4.4 or later
* - Windows PC and graphics card that supports DVI ports with dual-link digital bandwidth and VESA DDC standard for plug-and-play setup

If you don't have a PCIe machine, you are gonna need an awefully powerful card.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

June 21, 2006 09:12PM
yes sorry.
Apple 30" HD display.
G5 dual 2gig processor.
looks like the ATI's the best option.
June 21, 2006 09:26PM
The ATI X800XT is about the top 8x AGP graphics card and will power one 30" monitor, I am told.
June 21, 2006 09:34PM
that is true it will only power one. The Nvidia 6800GT Can power two but it takes up two slots because of its huge fan attached to it. I know this because I have one. It is the only one for the PCI-X slots that can handle two 30 in monitors at once talk aout power!!!

Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics