creating effect between pictures

Posted by Donna 
creating effect between pictures
July 06, 2006 01:13PM
I am working on a project involving mega still pictures. Everytime I add an effect between the pictures the effect finishes and the picture 'jumps' into place. I've tried a variety of ways to fix the problem, but a simple dissolve shouldn't be this complicated. Open to any suggestions, or explanations

Thanks for the help, but it really was none of those things. Found out that by simply rendering all - not just what needed to render, fixed the problem.

Post Edited (07-06-06 12:45)
Re: creating effect between pictures
July 06, 2006 01:44PM
How big are the stills? You shouldn't work with stills more than double the size of your video frame, or smaller than the actual frame size. Make copies of the still files and lower the dpi to 72.
July 06, 2006 01:52PM
You must apply whatever motion effects you want on each still (pan, scale) all the way to the handles of each still, not just starting and ending at the in and out point of the stills on the canvas. Remember that a 1 second transition (for example) will begin bringing in the incoming clip 15 frames before the visible edit point on the timeline. Shane Ross (I think) has a video tutorial on how to do this, and someone may provide the link.

My preference is to "checkerboard" my stills, alternating on V1 and V2, overlapping them and using opacity keyframes, to make managing the effects much more intuitive.

Scott
July 06, 2006 03:13PM
If rendering fixed the problem, then the problem is solved. Oversized, huge graphics take a lot of CPU power, so rendering them is obviously what you should be doing. I render everything anyway, RT or not. I don't trust RT graphics to be of the best quality.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
July 06, 2006 03:51PM
> I render everything anyway, RT or not.

I'm with Kevin on this one. There's no point in reporting bugs, inconsistencies and glitches etc. unless everything is already rendered. The so-called "real-time playback" plays effects so poorly that I always render all before I even look at what I've just done. You can't judge the quality of the results until you do.
July 07, 2006 08:57AM
I was able to help her with this in person, and it was a render problem.

Thanks to all for your advice.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics