HDV Print to tape

Posted by razorbabyy 
HDV Print to tape
July 07, 2006 09:39AM
I have an HDV timeline shot on 24p, anamorphic. I would like to print this to tape, be it a real time DVD burn or VHS but I would like to keep the anamophic look on a 4x3 screen. What do I need to do to do this? Sorry, I'm very in the dark....
Re: HDV Print to tape
July 07, 2006 10:14AM
Well, you've asked for a couple different things. If you've edited your show 16:9 HDV and you want a dvd that will play on a standard ntsc tv, out put a quicktime self contained movie from FCP, open up iDVD 6 and use the file you created as the movie. iDVD 6 will do the downconvert and all, and you will end up with a letterbox image, black bar across the top and bottom, that will play on a standard dvd player. If you want more contol than that, take the same file you out put, import it into FCP, start a new sequence, make sure the settings are for standard ntsc and drop your file onto that timeline. You will now have a nice red bar above your footage that will require you to render before you can "print to video", but this way you can ajust before render to what suits your taste as far as cropping the image goes.

good luck,

kevin

"A problem can never be solved by the same consciousness that created it"
Einstein
Re: HDV Print to tape
July 07, 2006 11:55AM
Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics