Keying....continued...solution

Posted by Andy Field 
Keying....continued...solution
July 09, 2006 06:55AM
After the long thread on problems keying material in DV...thought you might explore this new product from DVGarage called Conduit....it turns Motion into a mini-Shake....and makes keying a breeze....check out the Keying with Conduit Demo video on this site. Impressive.

[www.dvgarage.com]

Andy
Re: Keying....continued...solution
July 09, 2006 12:42PM
That link gets me an error.

I found that DVMatte Pro did a GREAT job....with regular DV and standard video rates. I am working with DVCPRO HD at 720p24 and it has a lot of motion blur. DV Matte Pro didn't see thru that blur, but rather just chopped it off. So I tried Keylight in After Effects, and it saw right thru the motion blur and looked beautiful. But it highly compressed the rest of the footage as it made it semi-transparent as well. When I adjusted it so that I didn't see thru it...it again cut off the motion blur.

Then I tried SHAKE and Keylight with it, and HOLD OUT MATTES. Bang...problem solved.

Oh...but I have really strayed. Try that link again...I wanna see this.

HERE:

[www.dvgarage.com]
July 09, 2006 12:56PM
DUDE! SWEET!

Man...look at it cut thru the motion blur. I had to do a lot of stuff in Shake...well, about the same amount of stuff that Conduit did really, but Conduit works with Motion...

Good stuff.
July 09, 2006 01:15PM
I just tried it (the demo) with some Beta SP brought in at DV resolution...full frame full body key walkingthrough a virtual set it looked great....I'm going to buy this....those folks at DV Garage do good work Andy
July 12, 2006 12:33AM
What i dont understand is why you dont just shoot the damn thing on Digi Beta.
The cost of a one day shoot including camera man is roughly $1000.
Then all you have to do is connect the camera straight into your decklink cabels.

If you dont have decklink or if the client does not have $1000 then perhaps DV is worth it but remember that there will be lots of exra time spent on getting the key looking decent when shooting on DV and it will always look a lots worse anyway.

Therefore I refuse to shoot green screen on DV. If the client cant pay for the Digi Beta camera then I dont wanna do the job anyway. Just my 2 cents.

Johan Polhem
Motion Graphics
www.johanpolhem.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics