Unable to Output to DB Tape

Posted by Rajiv Rai Singh 
Unable to Output to DB Tape
June 04, 2006 09:36PM
OK guys let me give u the details...
Im using FCP 5.1 with blackmagic extreme breakout box and the quad G5. My easy setup has been set to Blackmagic Pal 8 bit and im working with a Sony DVW A500P DB Deck. My Db Tape has Been precoded with black burst and timecoded.

The problem...
Every time I try to "Edit To Tape" and assemble my edit onto the tape i get an error message that says my compression settings do not match. And that i should nest my sequence in another sequence to "Edit To Tape"(which doesnt work either.)

I have several broadcast station dubs to make and i cant get it done... Help!

Thank you.
Re: Unable to Output to DB Tape
June 05, 2006 05:31AM
Are you dragging the Sequence into the ETT window?

? Grab and drag the finished Sequence from the Browser into the ETT window and drop on the Assemble Edit Tab that appears.

Ben

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
July 11, 2006 08:36PM
Unbelievable, but true.

Spent a long time trying to rule out compression settings, crashed the system several times.

"Drag the clip onto the button drop it and run." Now where is that in the manual?

The incompatible compressor settings dialog is particularly unhelpful.

This tiny bit of advice helped me enormously.

Thank you. You don't know what a relief it is to get the project out.
July 11, 2006 10:06PM
> My easy setup has been set to Blackmagic Pal 8 bit and im working with a
> Sony DVW A500P DB Deck. My Db Tape has Been precoded with black burst
> and timecoded.

Something's probably slipped. Don't just rely on Easy Setup. Go into Audio/Video Settings and check every setting. And just last week I saw the Kona 2 card at work get stuck, possibly due to the G5 being on all night -- Video Playback was stuck at 1080i60 even though I needed an AJA 525 29.97fps output. A simple computer shutdown and restart fixed it.
July 12, 2006 10:01AM
"Not rely on Easy Setup"...
Well this is good advice under any circumstances, but I did set up a completely rendered individual item (my 48 minute show) at 525i 29.97 10-bit uncompressed CCIR601 with 16 bit audio at 48 kHz to play back on a sequence that was set for 525i 29.97 10-bit uncompressed CCIR601 with 16 bit audio at 48 Khz. When I dragged the clip onto the sequence I was rewarded with a grey-blue render line meaning that the clip was playable without rendering -- I assume that is the goal. However, invoking the Edit-to-tape dialog and trying to initiate an Assemble invariably resulted in the "incompatible compressor settings" popup.

Dragging the sequence from the browser worked. Instantly. No waiting. It informed me that the Beta tape had de-threaded. So I popped the cassette back into the machine and it went.

Maybe there was some bizarre background thing that I didn't have selected, like it didn't really know which clip I was trying to play out (The one on the timeline, maybe?) and the feedback process for this kind of return dialog is not completely formed....

At least now I have some confidence that the thing.... 'works'.... sometimes...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics