FCP 5 don't let me install

Posted by Hernan Justo 
FCP 5 don't let me install
July 11, 2006 10:17PM
I have a Power PC G4 AGP Graphics 1.7 GHz Sonnet encore CPU 2 GB of RAM and an ATI 9800 Pro Graphic Card. I had installed FCP studio and it let me install some of the software but no the actual FCP 5.1 Any help anyone? By the way I got Motion 2 since I did the cross grade from Apple and off course it doesn't installed neither Final cup pro 5.1 is grey out in my computer and automatically skip it.

HJ
Re: FCP 5 don't let me install
July 11, 2006 11:01PM
What version of the OS are you running? FCP 5.1 needs 10.4 I believe...
July 12, 2006 03:11AM
What was the original CPU of that computer. It may have something to do with the sonnet cpu. Also is it an AGP Quartz extreme graphics card?. You may need to upgrade your computer as well.
July 12, 2006 07:24AM
I am running 10.4.7 OS

HJ
July 12, 2006 07:29AM
Oroginal CPU is a 350Mhz. But I did the upgrade from Sonnet too when I upgrade to Tiger. I had a problem couple weeks ago when I upgrade to Tiger that the computer didn't find the CPU it will tell me that I have 0 MHZ processor the comp[uiter was running fine just didn't list the CPU in the system profiler. Now when I launc FCP 4.5 it told me that I have no processor so the program couldn't run. So I went to Solnnet and I download the upgrade for Tiger and everything start to go fine. Yesterday I tryied to launch motion didn't work so I tryied to install FCP studio and I couldn't. I upgrade everything from Apple from ATI but still
Thanks anyway

HJ
July 12, 2006 08:50AM
Motion specifically needs a 768 Mhz G5 or better and one of the few approved video cards to load and run. The CPU upgrades do not change the fact that, to the Apple software, your computer is too old.

Sorry, that's the way Apple makes it work.
July 12, 2006 08:53AM
I meant G4! ---- 768 Mhz G5
July 12, 2006 09:11AM
John Thanks so much for answering me. What does not make sense is I run Motion before. My problem started when I upgrade to Tiger. There was when I need some new firmware for my Upgrade Graphic card and new drivers to my CPU and others. In the list of System Requirement fir both Motion and Motion 2 I have everything that is needed and does not say that upgraded comp[uters wont work. I don't know I feel like I am just missing a file that will let FCP 5 and Motion recognize the graphic card and the processor
Thanks

HJ
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics