hdv playback....?

Posted by frankpledge 
hdv playback....?
July 12, 2006 01:59PM
hey all,

i swear i searched and searched here, at apple and at creative cow and can't figure out the problem.

I just pulled a bunch of HDV 108i60 files from a company to cut on my system (i have nothing to capture it with). I get audio, but no video. I tried to set my timeline to the preset and get this error:

"video compressor HDV 1080i60 was not found. please check the hardware is present and enabled for this compressor. setting the visdeo compressor to animation"

say what? "Hardware"? for what? I turned off external view...It's just a video codec right? why the hardware. I do however have a decklink sp card....conflict? am i missing a codec? also it won't playbeack in quicktime player as well.

system:
G5 2.5 dual
Decklink SP
FCP 5.04
qt 7.1.2

thanks again to you all!!!
fp
Re: hdv playback....?
July 12, 2006 02:59PM
ok. so i read around and i am missing: AppleHDVCodec.component

sigh.

i don't understand why nor do i understand why i can't download that codec from apple...

oy
fp
July 12, 2006 08:41PM
I think this can happen if you upgrade to FCP5 and THEN upgrade to Tiger. The component should be in your root/Library/QuickTime folder. If it's not, perhaps a reinstall of FCP 5 would bring it in.
July 13, 2006 08:34AM
strange. i recently did a clean clean rebuild of my system from scratch starting with tiger and then loading everything from there.

the production company emailed me the codec. strange that apple doesn't have a resourse for this...

thanks for the help

fp
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics