exporting out of fcp to incorprate in projects for windows

Posted by Power View 
exporting out of fcp to incorprate in projects for windows
July 13, 2006 06:05PM
I have edited a sequence in FCP and I need to incorprate it into another project in premiere.
I have used the export to quicktime option however the quicktime file is the type that only opens up in FCP eventhoug its self contained.
I would apprecitate any tips on how to export to use in other platforms.

changing the world frame at a time
Even adding dot mov to the file won't work with Premiere Pro as far as I know. I suspect Premiere will import a QT file but it then needs to convert it. Automatic Duck is a good choice here. That will work. But that still means the Premiere system has to have the media on it. AD only handles the timeline via XML. There is no magic way here with Premiere Pro that I know of. Now Vegas, you can drop the kitchen sink in and it will show up.

Re: exporting out of fcp to incorprate in projects for windows
July 13, 2006 06:34PM
its surprising,
we are talking about a finished file export it should be universal. or at least there should be an option that should make it universal. It doenst make sense if it isnt!!!!

Premiere Pro doesn't support QT. Premiere used too but Premiere Pro does not. A lot about proprietary formats dont make since but that's the way it is. Business decisions I guess. Take a self contained QT file to Avid. See what it does. Same thing. Only Vegas plays nice with just about every format you can throw at it.

Re: exporting out of fcp to incorprate in projects for windows
July 13, 2006 07:09PM
oh boy,
how about if i take it to qt pro and reexport?
I really dont want to go to tape and recapture. the loss will be too much for such a beautiful commercial.

Export it to what? Easiest thing to do is bring the dot mov file into Premiere Pro and let it convert it. Then look at it and see if it sucks or not. No TC though. But at least you got the file incorporated into the Premiere project.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics