File size for sports Video

Posted by Zexx14 
File size for sports Video
July 16, 2006 07:47PM
I have edited a football game video shot on Mini DV in FCP 4. When I export the final 1:16:00 sequence as a QuickTime movie and then drag it into Toast 6 Titanium, Toast tells me that I need 4.5 gigs and the Sony DVD+R disc only has 4.0 gigs available. Should the file be this large? I have heard that you can fit 2 hours of video on a single layer DVD. Is that True? The sequence has a lot of cross-dissolves and two titles.
I have tried exporting to Compressor 1, but when I drag the m2v file into Toast, it doesn?t ask me to locate the Audio. When I try to drag in the .aiff file, Toast tells me that it cannot place it because it does not recognize the file format. Mac doesn?t recognize .aiff? I fear I have messed something up good. Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Zexx14
(rookie)
Re: File size for sports Video
July 16, 2006 09:21PM
You need to shrink the .mov in Compressor to about 3.5 MB

Then it might work okay. I don't anything about the other software you're using.
Re: File size for sports Video
July 16, 2006 10:12PM
Thanks filmman,

I got the m2v compressed to 2.7 gigs and the .aiff to 206.4 mb. For some reason Toast recognized them both this time, but still told me that I needed 4 gigs and the disk had 4 gigs available. Toast said that I should free up some space. It seems to me that adding the 2 together keeps the file under 3 gigs. I guess I should just upgrade to DVD SP4 and get rid of Toast. I'm waiting to see if it completes the burn now.

Zexx14
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics