Final Cut Studio 5.1 upgrade

Posted by shelleyrae 
Final Cut Studio 5.1 upgrade
July 23, 2006 07:57AM
Hi --

I'm currently working with Final Cut Studio 5.

You can upgrade from FCS 5 to 5.1 for $49. Are there any benefits to upgrading to the cross grade 5.1 if you don't have the new MacBook Pro or iMac with intel? I just bought the G5 dual processor and am also still using my G4 Powerbook.

Thanks.
Re: Final Cut Studio 5.1 upgrade
July 23, 2006 10:00AM
make a search

---------------------------------
A Day late & a Dollar-short Productions
July 23, 2006 12:31PM
lot of bug fixes for the Powermac crowd...if they aren't things that bug you, you may not need it - however it makes life easier if you are sharing projects with other FCP 5.1 users (you can't open their projects in older versions of final cut unless you use an XML export/import from them.

Andy
July 23, 2006 05:58PM
Just think about the way Apple typically prices things like software upgrades. It is often good to follow these less expensive upgrades to allow for lower cost in the future. That said - there's no guarantee that purchasing the $49.00 upgrade will save you anything in that future. If you had one of the applications and wanted to get the entire Studio, there is no better deal available!

It must be understood that Apple is offering to get everyone on FC Studio for a very low price and most likely for a future reason, as yet untold.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics