Making still images from video?

Posted by stickandstring 
Making still images from video?
August 05, 2006 02:51PM
Can someone please tell me how to make still images (preferably jpgs) from video using final cut pro and how to export those to my desktop? Please email me. I know how to make a freeze frame from the viewer but can't see how to save the image.

Thank you, Matt
Re: Making still images from video?
August 05, 2006 03:02PM
Export - Using QuickTime Conversion - Still Image, Options.
August 05, 2006 05:11PM
Thanks Derek, it worked.

Matt
August 05, 2006 06:31PM
If you want to make the process faster, press OPTION-H to open up the Keyboard Layout, do a search for "Export" in the upper-right search-phrase window. Drag "Export Using QuickTime Conversion" to any or all of your Viewer, Canvas and Timeline button areas (top right). Now you can access the command with a click of the button rather than bumbling with the menu.
August 05, 2006 07:59PM
If, by chance, you are taking a lot of images from throughout the timeline, you can get Export Using QT Conversion to output a movie as an image sequence set to a very low frame rate and then just choose the pics you want. Setting a frame rate of 0.1fps, for example, gives you a pic every 10 seconds along the timeline. Do it all in one go!!

John
[www.lyric.com]
August 05, 2006 10:27PM
Do de do....

By now you're discovering that unless you're in HiDef, you can't get a still any better than about 5x7 inches without the image falling apart.

You're also discovering that standard television is interlaced with a slow effective shutter speed which means it doesn't stop motion any too good. Most if not all of your captures are going to have smearing or dual pictures with comb artifacts.

You can suppress that, but not get rid of it totally with the deinterlacing tools inside Final Cut.

Standard television, when stopped in its tracks, has about the same image quality as a one-third megapixel camera. Not Three; One Third. The only reason it works at all is Lucile Ball and Milton Berle, the pretty colors, and the fact that it's all in motion.

Koz

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics