Audio Mixer Fader Lock

Posted by DM 
DM
Audio Mixer Fader Lock
August 12, 2006 07:07PM
With the audio mixer window configuration, I can't move certain faders unless I stop playback. During playback, only two of my six audio faders can be moved by grabbing the knob with the mouse. The others can only be adjusted after I stop.

I have a total of 6 audio tracks. 2 stereo, 4 mono. Sequence output setting is for two channel stereo. The stereo track (which can be moved) is panned hard left and right. The 4 mono tracks (which don't move until stopped) are panned center.

All tracks are visible and unlocked. Again, all faders look the same except the mono channels won't move in real time.

Record Audio Keyframing is turned off as I don't want to write volume info to the track while I'm doing some dry runs.
What's really bad is that when I turn on keyframing, the fader still doesn't move but then writes volume info. after I hit stop! Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?
Does Apple need to pay more attention to audio? (separate question eh?)
thx

FC 5.1.1
Intel Mac
Re: Audio Mixer Fader Lock
August 13, 2006 12:31AM
How about when the keyfame button is off? Even if it doesn't move, does the clip register a change?

Offhand it sounds like some kind of redraw error. Or else the playhead is not sitting on the audio track when you're trying to move it. If the playhead is playing through a section and there is no audio on a particular track, it's slider won't move.

Andy
DM
Re: Audio Mixer Fader Lock
August 13, 2006 10:55AM
What the hell? This is mixer useless.

The fader does not register changes when playing. keyframe indicator selected or not.
when I hit stop, the track timeline volume bar changes. Then, when I hit play, the fader drops to where I pulled it before hitting stop!!!

The playhead is definitely sitting on the audio material I want to change to volume of.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics