rendering "full" necessary before export?

Posted by Marla Mitchnick 
rendering "full" necessary before export?
August 16, 2006 04:24PM
Hi Y'all-

Trying to get a bunch of old projects to tape before I leave, is it necessary to render the olivey green stuff, called "full" before exporting as a QT self-contained?

I assume so, but I don't know what the full render lines actually mean... any clarification appreciated.

I'm in 5.1, though this cut was created in 4.5...

Thanks,

Marla
Re: rendering "full" necessary before export?
August 16, 2006 07:30PM

As a fuzzy generality, exports and burns do a render as they export, so technically, no you don't have to do that. They will not do MixDowns to the audio channels. That you have to do ahead of time.

If it makes you feel better, then by all means render before you do anything else.

Koz

August 16, 2006 07:36PM
Not really as it renders the FX the the file as you export. However it won't be rendered in the timeline afterwards though.

I would check and render the sections where you are using multiple layers and/or FX, in case there are any glitches otherwise you will waste all that export time.

Make sure when you do a self contained movie that you have enough space for it.

Koz is correct - do a mixdown first then export.

Ben

Post Edited (08-16-06 17:37)

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
DM
August 17, 2006 09:00AM
er, ah, if you have your sequence presets dialed in for audio 1 & 2 on the output, do u have to do anything else if u have multiple channels of audio? If u always monitor with 2 speakers and your not working with 4 or more discreet tracks?
August 19, 2006 08:19AM
Hmm. I don't think so, never caused me a problem but: I don't actually know.

On the full/render issue: what the heck IS "FULL?" I did render it, but I don't understand what it means,

Thanks,

Marl
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics