Media Manager

Posted by Mike Watson 
Media Manager
August 25, 2006 01:17PM
After hearning someone's question about Media Manager at the LAFCPUG Meeting the other night, I came home and dove in. All in all, it worked pretty well.

I cut commercials (:30 and less), and it would be VERY convenient for me to archive to DVD (or external HD) for re-cuts.

I selected everything in the timeline (after copying all associated spots to one timeline), File -> Media Manager, unchecked "Include render files", unchecked "Include master clips outside selection", checked "Delete unused media from duplicated items", used handles of :15 frames, checked "Include affiliate clips outside selection", and selected "duplicate selected items and place into a new project".

It all works very well, except for ONE of my media files, it didn't cut down. It just put the whole 2.45 Gb file in the new directory. This wouldn't be such a problem, but it puts the whole project at 4.6gb, and now it won't all fit on one dvd.

Why does it cut down every other file, but not this one?

Thanks,

-Mw
Anonymous User
Re: Media Manager
August 25, 2006 04:09PM
Did that file have a reel number associated with it?

Go back and look at the original master clip. If it doesn't have a reel number, assign it one. If it came from a QT file or something, just put "QT" as a reel name. It shouldn't matter what you call it, just call it something.

Post back if that doesn't solve it!

deb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics