17in MacBookPro superdrive regions....

Posted by jay dubya 
17in MacBookPro superdrive regions....
August 28, 2006 10:37PM
G'day folks,
my first post here, although I have been lurking for some time.
May not be in the right section, so ANY assistance is welcome.
Just bought the Intel core 17in MacBookPro running 10.4 with FCP Studio 5.1 and my question is this :
The DVD drive tells me I have 4 disc insertions left before the region is finally set.
I seem to remember reading on here that this can be over-ridden, allowing any region disc to be played at any time.
Is that right ? or have I been day-dreaming it all up ?

Thanks in advance.

John.
Re: 17in MacBookPro superdrive regions....
August 29, 2006 01:31PM
How that generally works is the drive will allow itself to be changed maybe five times. After that, it's fixed.

I think there's a way to reset the counter in PC-Land, but I don't know about Macs.

This burns us regularly when we get disks from Europe and the client wants us to see graphics that they like very much.

One of our tourest friends owns a "region free, multi standard" player they bought in India. That usually gets us out of trouble.

Koz
August 29, 2006 02:45PM
> One of our tourest friends owns a "region free, multi standard" player they bought in India.
> That usually gets us out of trouble.

I own one of those. Mine is a cheapo brand, but it works fine. Kim's Video & Music in New York sells those to help increase the sales of their rare, foreign DVDs.

www.derekmok.com
August 29, 2006 03:14PM
Chinatown, downtown Toronto. CDN$80. Plays PAL disks to NTSC monitor, plays all manner of disks, plays some -RW burns. Never had a disk it wouldn't play. Plays all regions. Hopeless remote design.
I've received disks from Japan and they all play well.
ak
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics