Mono Audio Tracks out of sync

Posted by scotty_perey 
Mono Audio Tracks out of sync
September 08, 2006 02:36PM
For some reason, a whole bunch of footage I just captured brought in the audio as two mono windows instead of one stereo window in the viewer. Did I inadvertently change a setting somewhere? I'm pretty sure it's always come in as stereo before.

Anyway, the two audio tracks are now slightly out of sync, like there's a slap delay, making it a bit difficult to understand dialog. Is there a quick fix that anyone can help me with?

Thanks a lot... it's been a while since visited the group... nice new look!

scotty
Re: Mono Audio Tracks out of sync
September 08, 2006 02:48PM
> For some reason, a whole bunch of footage I just captured brought in the audio as two mono
> windows instead of one stereo window in the viewer. Did I inadvertently change a setting
> somewhere? I'm pretty sure it's always come in as stereo before.

That's in Clip Settings in the Log and Capture window. To change your master clip back to Stereo paired, take your clip offline by pressing SHIFT-D -- choose "Leave media on disk".

The next command varies depending on which version of Final Cut Pro you're using. Up to FCP4.5, you can select the clip, go to its "Audio" column in the Browser, then CONTROL-click it to choose "Stereo" rather than "A1 + A2". If you're using FCP5, go to Modify - Clip Settings, and make sure you click on the "link" button (the one that looks like an infinity symbol) between the A1 and A2 tracks.

> Anyway, the two audio tracks are now slightly out of sync, like there's a slap delay, making it
> a bit difficult to understand dialog. Is there a quick fix that anyone can help me with?

Chances are you'd moved one without moving the other. After changing the track to stereo, just use Match Frame on your image to retrieve the sync sound, then replace your audio with the new stereo clip.

But if your tracks are out of phase on the actual clip, then you've got bigger problems. Do the above first, check to see if the issue goes away.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics