"CRIKEY" - Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin - R.I.P.

Posted by stevengladney 
"CRIKEY" - Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin - R.I.P.
September 05, 2006 02:40PM
In memory of an incredibly entertaining man who undoubtedly loved nature. Thanks for sharing your passion and educating so many of us about the wonders and beauty of the Animal Kingdom.

Steven Gladney
Re: "CRIKEY" - Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin - R.I.P.
September 05, 2006 03:08PM
Such a tragedy. I loved watching his docs. Hell I loved the Crocodile Hunter movie. Very funny and inventive. I was as shocked as anyone when I heard the news.

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 05, 2006 03:29PM
Huge tragedy. Of all the animals he has come in contact with throughout his career, he is done in by one of the most docile creatures. If he was not struck in the heart, he would still be with us.

R.I.P.

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

September 05, 2006 09:29PM
One of the sad things is that he was seen as kind of embarrassing here for many years, because he was so over the top 'ocker'. It wasn't until a few years ago when he was interviewed by a well respected talk show host that it became obvious that he really was genuine and gained the credibility that he deserved. Also, his wildlife park was (is) one of the nicest, cleanest and best cared for in the world. He really did do a lot for the conservation of animals.

Sad to see you go, mate.
September 06, 2006 02:46PM
It is indeed tragic. As someone who edits a lot of natural history docs, I appreciate all his hard work on breathing a new life into the "old and stuffy" field of animal docs and for making animal relative subjects fun and popular.

R.I.P.

We'll miss ya.

Chi-Ho Lee
Film & Television Editor
Apple Certified Final Cut Pro Instructor
CROCODILE HUNTER'S DEATH MAY BE BROADCAST...WILL YOU WATCH??
September 08, 2006 11:31PM
Steve Irwin will always be remembered for his outlandish style and love of animals. We may have not heard the very last of TheCrocodile Hunter as HIS DEATH WAS CAUGHT ON TAPE AND MAY BE BROADCAST:

[www.contactmusic.com].

[news.bbc.co.uk]

Steve Irwin quote: "My number one rule is to keep that camera rolling. Even if it's shaky or slightly out of focus, I don't give a rip. Even if a big old alligator is chewing me up I want to go down and go, 'Crikey!' just before I die. That would be the ultimate for me."

The footage of Irwin's death is his ultimate message to us of the ruthlessness and power that we admire and fear in nature.

Would you watch it?

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Re: CROCODILE HUNTER'S DEATH MAY BE BROADCAST...WILL YOU WATCH??
September 09, 2006 12:02AM
Nope.
Re: CROCODILE HUNTER'S DEATH MAY BE BROADCAST...WILL YOU WATCH??
September 10, 2006 09:34AM
Not sure if I could but if it's the man's last wish to show it to those that will then I have no problem with that.

It is a great shame to lose such a fantastic entertainer that really brought a spark to the wildlife programmes of recent years. I hope his legacy will safe guard the flora and fauna for future generations and inspire us all to do our bit in looking after the planet.

Ben

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics