FCP keeps on crashing...

Posted by Gerrit Vooren 
FCP keeps on crashing...
September 09, 2006 01:51PM
Trying to open a project that I've been working on. Can't open it however, FCP keep on crashing when it's "reading project" it crashed every time at 48%.
I now have 5.1.1
Re: FCP keeps on crashing...
September 09, 2006 01:53PM
Launch FCP first. Then try to open the project file from FCP. If that still doesn't work, take the project file out of reach of FCP before trying to launch the application. You need to pin-point whether it's the application or the project file that's having problems.

www.derekmok.com
September 09, 2006 02:54PM
I can open other projects. I can even open a project that has a short piece of the troubled project...

I've worked on it for a week. It's been opening fine until today.

However, my settings may not be right for the project.
The footage was shot with a Panasonice HVX 200 camera.
I used the sequence pre set in prefs set to: DV NTSC 48 kHz.
Perhaps I should have used another? You know which one?

We shot both in 24 and some 60 frame a sec.

I've worked with it for a while though.

If you or any one else has thoughts about this, much much appreciated...

Gerrit
September 09, 2006 10:15PM
It sounds like a corrupt bit of media. Try moving all the media associated with the bung project to a different folder so that FCP can;t find it. Then open the project. If all goes well it should open and tell you that things are 'offline'.
Close the program and return your media to the original folder a little at a time, openeing the project and saving, then closing, adding more media and so on until you hit a problem opening the project. The corrupt media will be in the last group of files you added before it refused to open anymore.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics