FCP 4.5 Marker Bug

Posted by Frank Lozano 
FCP 4.5 Marker Bug
September 11, 2006 01:41PM
Wondering if anyone would know why the insert marker key would cause the playhead to stop every 3rd time the key was pressed, then resume working normally later without my intervention? This made it impossible to mark the beats of a song.

Thank you.
Re: FCP 4.5 Marker Bug
September 11, 2006 04:23PM
Maybe you're pressing the key too fast -- so you're going into Edit Marker mode. Can't tell you without more information.

But I also find it easier to mark song rhythms by turning on Audio Scrubbing. The Audio Meter will also tell you where the beats are.

www.derekmok.com
September 12, 2006 10:59AM
Thanks Derek. Howver the complete story is that insert-markers worked on other audio tracks in the same sequenece - Even a new music file didn't fix the problem. Later things corrected on their own.

I recall back in FCP 3 reading online about native FCP files becoming corrupt. This was in the context of folks wanting to fix their master without re-editing or other reasons. There were actually examples of code fixes you could do with a the right editor to open up the FTC files. At the time I was able to fix my problem by opening a new sequence, performing the edit work there, then copy/paste in to the master sequence. Back then, and maybe now too, I have a suspicion that a file corruption may have affected that particular point in the timeline.

Frank
September 12, 2006 12:04PM
Then it sounds like you have a corruption in the sequence. You should simply copy everything in your master sequence, paste onto a new sequence, then get rid of the old master sequence. Why attempt to keep a problematic sequence?

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics