Emailing the most recent edit

Posted by NotaPipe 
Emailing the most recent edit
September 14, 2006 11:51AM
Is there a way to send just the most recent edited sequence instead of the entire project file wiht all the old stuff that has to be reconnected everytime, including offline stuff I'm afraid to delete.

I have emailed the entire project file to the sound designer, and everytime he gets it, he has to reconnect, and gets a whole load of offline stuff that is in previous edit that are in an old edit bin.

I thought I could just open up a new project and cut and paste the new sequence in and send him that, but is there a better way to do it?

Thank you
Re: Emailing the most recent edit
September 14, 2006 12:58PM
> I thought I could just open up a new project and cut and paste the new sequence in and
> send him that, but is there a better way to do it?

That *is* the best way to do it. Send the "dummy" project file, and delete it from your system once the other side gets it.

FCP's file systems, unlike Avid's, are fluid and controllable. You can make alternate copies of project files until kingdom come, and it's not a problem as long as you have a good file-management system and clean up any messes and excess files afterwards.

The other way is to use an XML or an EDL, but that's a lot more complicated, unnecessarily so.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics