First magazine review of OUR (lafcpug) work!!!!

Posted by Neil Lamens 
First magazine review of OUR (lafcpug) work!!!!
September 20, 2006 08:46AM
Hello all:......this is Sailho-

I thought I would share the link below with everybody but especially for Derek, Tom, Shane, Michael. Graham, etc; along with every poster that theses moderators answered.

The link is a review by the top ranked woodworking magazine. The DVD that "WE" created was reviewed and placed on the Editors Book/Video web site Blog of "Fine Woodworking" magazine.

I'm not really sure how to read it.........the fact that Fine Woodworking has put it on there site with a "buy now" button has proven nice, but 2 comments I don't get are, what is "sophmoric" to a 55 year old is hip to a 25 to 35 year old (my intended market) and as for the push sticks, you can't build furniture without using them and after reviewing AGAIN..they are evident and often so that is weird.

Here's the link:

[blogs.taunton.com]

I'd appreciate to know how you all interpret the review. And again, when I say "WE", I could not have completed Furnitology 101 without all of you.

THANK YOU...............Sailho

Although I haven't been posting, I still read often. I've picked up Century lens for my 2 VX 2000's and am presently shooting Video #2.
Re: First magazine review of OUR (lafcpug) work!!!!
September 20, 2006 11:09AM
it would be hard to interpret the review without seeing the video itself...
September 20, 2006 11:22AM
Best not to interpret reviews. Just let it go. Good or bad, reviews will drive you nuts. Its one persons opinion, that's it. It carries significant weight because its printed for all to read, but it's best you just forget about it. Know that its impossible, but give it a good try.

At best, grab a few bites from it and use it for marketing, but don't get yourself worked up over words like sophomoric and rustic.

What is important here is not what this guy says, but what the people who buy the DVD say. Pay attention to them, not this guy.

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 20, 2006 12:03PM
you should put clips up on the show and tell forum. im always down for woodworking clips!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics