Image Sequence and Photoshop Filters

Posted by ClayC 
Image Sequence and Photoshop Filters
September 25, 2006 12:07PM
There's gotta be a way to do this, I'm just not expert enough in PS to figure it out:

I have an image sequence exported from QT, 30 secs (.tiff) at 25fps = 750 frames. The tiffs are all in one folder. Before bringing the sequence in to FCP, I want to add a photoshop filter (chalk and charcoal) to each and every image in the sequence. Other than applying the PS filter manually to all 750 tiffs, is there a way to easily automate the action? (working in Photoshop 7)

Clay
Re: Image Sequence and Photoshop Filters
September 25, 2006 05:52PM
Clay,

Have a look at the PhotoShop action examples and batch capabilities or AppleScript examples for Photoshop (for AppleScript you have to download and install the AppleScript plug-in)
Record a new action for one picture, save it and let it run. With AS it is easier if you know a little bit about AS.
Drop me an eMail if you stuck.

Regards
Andreas
Re: Image Sequence and Photoshop Filters
September 26, 2006 12:17PM
Hi Andreas,

thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Got the actions going. Still have to apply the action manually for each frame, but that's not too bad. Batch works also, although unfortunately not any faster. One can however just walk away and let mac do the work. 750 frames took about an hour.

Will scripting handle it any faster?

Best,
Clay
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics