Compressor (1.0 then 1.2.1) issues

Posted by saint_ann 
Compressor (1.0 then 1.2.1) issues
September 26, 2006 03:55PM
A week ago i was working along as usual, finished my tasks that involved a little editing in FCP, compressing what was done in Compressor, bring those files into DVD Studio Pro, made a few DVDs and turned my G5 off and went to bed. The next morning i got up, turned it all on, went back to work. Everything was juuuust fine. Then when i was all done editing what i needed to, rendered everything, i clicked :
File>Export>Using Compressor> (just like every other time i have EVER used it in the last 3 years), chose my destinations, presets, blah blah blah. Compressor gives me the "unexpectedy quit" error box and disapears. A few times of trying again then onto hold i went with Apple Support. Come to find out that since i am working of FCP 4.0 they can't tell me anything because they only give support on the currently shipping version. Understood.
I reinstalled FCP and compressor and still nothing worked - same error message box.
I go down to the local Apple Store yesterday where this kind young man walks me through the updates that he thinks i need to fix my problem. And of course, he'd never heard of this problem ever occuring before. He tells me to download these 2 updates:
DVD Studio Pro 2.0.5 Combined Update
and
Compressor 1.2.1

Since my Apple isn't connected to the internet (not by my own ideas but the higher ups in the company don't want this computer online because of security reasons) i have to download these on my PC then burn a CD and install them in my G5. Fine. I get through the DVD Studio Pro update fine and i go install the Compressor update that the Apple guy told me would "fix all my problems". Well, turns out that i can't run that update unless i have OS X 10.3 or higher. So today i marched right back down to the Apple Store and bought Tiger. Installed it and installed the Compressor update.
NOW when i go to File>Export>Using Compressor nothing even happens! I am so frustrated and am one of those that just know enough to do what i need to do in these applications but when something goes wrong i'm helpless.

I'm hoping some kind soul here will be more knowledgeable and helpful than the rep at the Apple Store. Genius indeed.

I have Compressor Version 1.2.1 (downloaded update yesterday - before that i had 1.0)

I have FCP version 4.0

(don't know if it matters but) I have DVD Studio Pro version 2.0.5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics