Muti cam capture

Posted by Ryan T 
Muti cam capture
October 04, 2006 10:02AM
I have read the tutorials on KenStone.net and done a search of this forum, but I haven?t found exactly what I am looking for.

Basically I have shot a series of interviews using 2 cameras and jammed timecode. So both cameras have the same footage and timecode. I am now editing the interviews down into a series of :60 spots. I have gone through and logged and captured several dozen sound bites from the camera1/angel1 tapes. I would now like to capture the same thing but for camera 2/angle2.

Does FCP have an easy way to do this, or do I have to go through and change every clips angle and tape name by hand.

Thanks,
Ryan
Re: Muti cam capture
October 04, 2006 10:19AM
You don't have to do the logging again. Simply duplicate the batch list for Reel 1, then select the copies and make them independent master clips (under the Modify menu). Now take those clips offline (SHIFT-D, Leave Data on Disk) and use them to capture Reel 2.

However, you still need to rename the duplicated logged clips by hand, for example by adding the suffix "CAM B". Otherwise you will have clips from Reel 1 and Reel 2 with the same file names but different content, which is a big no-no in file management. Also, if Reel 1 and Reel 2 didn't stop and start recording at the same time, or if either camera had an operator with an itchy finger who started and stopped all the time, then using the same batch list to capture both will give you very annoying problems. Matched timecode means that the cameras are probably on free run timecode, and that leads to timecode breaks.

www.derekmok.com
October 04, 2006 10:31AM
To add to derekmoks advice

Change the reel name for the second set of clips before you capture and put a letter or number in the ANGLE column before you make multiclips.

And incase you didn't know, you can change the ANGLE, REEL and many other settings by changing one clip to the new value, highlight the rest of the clips you want to change and right-clicking over the column and choosing from the pulldown menu that pops up. Won't help you with the clip name issue but it helps with everything else.

ak

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
October 04, 2006 11:07AM
Thanks for the help. I will see what sort of work flow I can figure out with you sugestions.

Ryan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics