DVCproHD to SD for broadcast

Posted by noicecream 
DVCproHD to SD for broadcast
October 25, 2006 01:00PM
I'm working on a show shot on greenscreen with Panasonic P2 cards in the DVCproHD 720p60/29.97. We edit the show on FCP and then send it to after effects in its native format. The show will ultimately be delivered in 4x3 standard def with no bars. What format should After Effects export so that we can bring it in final cut with the best possible quality and least render time? Right now they are outputting in the animation codec so I have a mix of the DVCproHD (the effects not done yet) and the animation codec on the same timeline. I do have a Black Magic Card Decklink Card. Can I have the animators just output in DVCproHD even though they are only working in a 4x3 frame?

Thanks,

Dave
Re: DVCproHD to SD for broadcast
October 25, 2006 07:27PM
Can't you use the Decklink card to downconvert the 720p/29.97 to SD NTSC 29.97 in the card?

You will need to convert in someway to avoid those tell tale black bars. Ideally, you don't want a mixture of codecs on the same timeline. Render hell will ensue. You should be able to output Quicktime from After Effects unless AE is on a PC, but then maybe even then!

We all are waiting for the day when Final Cut Pro can deal with different codecs on the same timeline. When oh when?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics