Tons of Dual Mono 44.1 files to Stereo 48

Posted by Andrew Kines 
Tons of Dual Mono 44.1 files to Stereo 48
October 30, 2006 05:08PM
Anyone using a cool utility that can batch convert folders full of .L and .R SDII files at 44.1KHz to stereo 48Khz AIFFs? Priority is on keeping the names of the original files and of course quality sample rate conversion.

thanks

ak

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
Re: Tons of Dual Mono 44.1 files to Stereo 48
October 30, 2006 05:15PM
You may be able to get an idea from this:

[www.lafcpug.org]

Michael Horton
-------------------
October 30, 2006 11:39PM
peak from bias-inc.com will do it. and it's a way, way, WAY better audio app than soundtrack as well.

you could probably do it in ituns as well, by selecting 48k aiff as your output format... thats covered in the FAQ i think - under subject of converting mp3's i think...
October 31, 2006 04:51AM
don't think iTunes would merge the tracks, though.

i've done it in ProTools, i think, but that was a long time ago.
and Peak, as Wayne suggests, also a long time ago

in FCP i've done this:

do a search in the bin with the SDII files for all with .L in the name.
drag them to a timeline,
then do another search for all the .R files

trouble is you've got to link each pair manualy
(QuicKeys could do this, er... quickly)

then you could export as whatever you liked.

nick
October 31, 2006 05:53AM
Hi Andrew,

I could take some code out of my old BounceUs, which uses the same file name "collector" as the current BWF2XL but is also able to read SDII timecodes and export to BroadcastWAVE. It does use the QT sample rate conversion. So you may try that with QT Player Pro. Open both left and right channel. select all of left channel, copy, select the right channel movie, go to the beginning and choose "Edit" -> "Add to Movie", then choose "Export" -> "Sound to Wave", use "Options?" to do the settings and finally export. If the quality is good enough for you drop me a mail.

Regards
Andreas
October 31, 2006 09:07AM
Hi everyone and thanks for the suggestions.
What I and the assistant ended up doing was this.
In Compressor "import surround files"(shift-apple-I), drag and drop the .L and .R files to their respective channels, do this for every pair. select all, add AIFF 48/16 preset and a destination preset and batch.
I created an Automation to remove the "Surround" prefix from the name as I couldn't get Compressor to not add it.
Not terribly elegant I know but it added the most automation I could figure to the process.
When I have time I'll look into Peak and see if it can add any simplification to this task but it's not installed on these systems. I know there's a free version of v3.0 with the install disks of FCP but I am not sure if the basic version allows any automation.

thanks again
ak

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics