i-tunes-consolidating tracks...

Posted by di edit 
i-tunes-consolidating tracks...
October 30, 2006 11:43PM
FCP-5.1, G-5
I'm working on an oral history project. THe original interview was sent on a cassette which I took somewhere to be transferred to cd. Somehow the transfer house separated the interview into 73 tracks each 1:12 in length! This is a big pain since it cuts the words, --and I have to edit all these one minute 12 second sound bites together!!

My Question:

Is there a way in i-tunes to consolidate the tracks into a few bigger tracks?

Thanks in advance!
Di
Re: i-tunes-consolidating tracks...
October 30, 2006 11:50PM
There is no way to do that in iTunes, but you could assemble the tracks in FCP and export as a single file.
October 31, 2006 12:38PM
...or in Quicktime Pro just cut and paste into a new player the order you want then export...

Ben

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
October 31, 2006 03:27PM
I have been trying to copy and paste the tracks into quicktime and then I just purchased quicktime pro and have not had any luck--the situation is the same with both quicktime (7 and pro) it copies, but I cannot hear it. ANd I cannot export to FCP or import from FCP. I have saved it to the desktop as a QT.mov and also as a .mp4 file but neither files play on the desktop and it looks like they are still divided into separate tracks. Also, the .mov file won't import from FPC--access denied, not recognized. The .mov file imported into FCP, but again there is no sound--the meters don't even register.

Am I missing some basic step in QT--

I guess I could have edited all the tracks together by now, but actually, it sounds pretty bad on some of the tracks that are split in the middle of a word!
Any suggestions appreciated!
Di
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics