Audio Tracks Missing when Roundtripping from FCP to STP

Posted by ScottW 
Audio Tracks Missing when Roundtripping from FCP to STP
October 31, 2006 12:28PM
In FCP, I have a project that I want to work on to fix some audio problems. I first tried to select only one piece of the audio track (which is stereo) and send it over to STP as an "Audio File Project" and it only sends over the left channel of audio and totally drops the right channel. What am I missing here?

So then I selected the entire scene (audio & video) to send it over as a multi-track project to STP. When it gets into STP, there is no audio appearing in the timeline. The video is there. What have I done wrong? Do all the audio clips in the scene that are on A1/A2 needed to be nested first? I am new to roundtripping from FCP to STP and I am not sure what I have done wrong. Please help!!
Re: Audio Tracks Missing when Roundtripping from FCP to STP
October 31, 2006 04:21PM
Did you click select all the audio clips you wanted in FCP before opening them in Soundtrack?
October 31, 2006 04:27PM
John:

Thanks for your rssponse. Yes I selected all audio tracks and the video track before I selected "Send To" as a Multi-Track Project.

I have tried it again multiple times since I submitted my question above. It keeps doing the same thing. So I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Scott
October 31, 2006 04:38PM
Scott,

Then I can't think of a reason. Perhaps the fact that you mention a stereo track L-R instead of two mono trcks has something to do with this. In my experience it is always using mono audio tracks because that is what is on the FCP timeline. When a camera records, it does it in mono.

Have you tried trashing the STP preferences to see if that changes anything?
October 31, 2006 05:09PM
John:

I will try it again using mono tracks instead of stereo. Do you recommend linking them together once I remove them as stereo tracks?

I have not tried trashing my preferences. Excuse my ignorance as I am new to this, but how do you do that and do I need to reset anything?

Thanks again for all your help.

Scott
October 31, 2006 05:54PM
Mono tracks are brought into STP as single mono tracks. They are relinked back in FCP, but still as mono tracks.

Trashing the preferences is usually throwing away a file titled .plist and maybe some other file.
I would search the Apple support website for instructions to do this.
November 01, 2006 09:54AM
John:

Thanks for all your help. I will give it a try.

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics