Mpeg 2 exporting? Help!

Posted by modonnell 
Mpeg 2 exporting? Help!
October 20, 2006 02:08PM
As I discovered at the 25th hour, there is no longer an export setting under Quicktime movie to export to mpeg 2. I need to make a dvd in DVD studio Pro 4 for different regions, so it is important that I am able to move my media into mpeg 2's. My film is only 10 1/2 minutes long, it's a short little documentary and I need to take it out of the country on the 22nd of October. Can someone help? Does anyone know specific dettings I can set in compressor to make it work? I tried compressor and I didn't know what settings went where, too confused. Or is there another way to export mpeg 2's?
Please help! I would really appreciate it.
Thanks,
Mike
Los Angeles, Ca.
Re: Mpeg 2 exporting? Help!
October 20, 2006 04:52PM
what versions of FCP and dvdspro are you using?

in the newest version its generally fastest and easiest to just export a reference movie from fcp and then let dvdspro do the encoding...
November 03, 2006 10:38AM
what are the exact steps to exporting a reference movie? Please say the menus and anything you need to click on, like is it self contained or not self contained? Thank you so much!
November 03, 2006 11:07AM
Open the timeline you want to export. Render All (OPTION-R), Audio Mixdown (OPTION-APPLE-R). File - Export - QuickTime Movie. Current Settings.

Reference means not self-contained.

www.derekmok.com
November 03, 2006 02:13PM
be sure the two bottom check boxes are UNCHECKED
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics