OT New mac pro predictions

Posted by Aaron Zander 
OT New mac pro predictions
November 07, 2006 02:25PM
ok, i'm finally pricing my tower (it's been so long, and my god do i need it) so the word on the street is the macpro's with those intel dual quad cores are coming, but how soon? i'm not in a huge rush, but if it's gonna take till summer i'm not going to wait.

Any one have a clue about when these will arive?

-Aaron
Re: OT New mac pro predictions
November 07, 2006 03:17PM
Well the chips arn't available yet - and for apple to release a updated Mac Pro straight away would be rather unlikely. MWSF in January might seem a good time - but thats normally more Conumer orientated than the top top pro market (which a quad core would be!) so its hard to guess.

If you need a new comp and you can afford it buy it. If you can wait then i'd wait till the new year (i am... time to update this G4!!)

You can allways wait that bit longer, there's allways something faster on the horizen. Might be worth considering do you really need a Quad core? Are you doing work that demands that much power? Maybe more money spent on RAM GPU HDs or Monitors might be a better investment! smiling smiley
November 07, 2006 03:30PM
It's too close to Mac World Expo to buy anything unless you really need it now.
Of course you can buy a turkey and honey baked ham for the holidays I wouldn't wait for those.
November 07, 2006 08:04PM
[MWSF in January might seem a good time - but thats normally more Conumer orientated than the top top pro market (which a quad core would be!) so its hard to guess. ]

That's true but you get some interesting pro product premieres right there on the floor-- like the AJA Kona 3 rollout last year. Although it'll never be DVExpo or NAB, I've always found the show to be a good mix.

- Loren
Today's FCP 4 / 5 keytip:
Do a virtual Audio Mixdown to lighten playback load with Command-Option-R!

The FCP KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
November 08, 2006 09:04AM
yea thats what i was thinking. my 12" powerbook is really meeting it's match with d1footage in combustion using particle effects rendering more than 20 layers and like 40,000 particles....i feel sad.

but i was figuring early next year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics