archiving audio & jpeg photo project!

Posted by di edit 
archiving audio & jpeg photo project!
November 09, 2006 03:59PM
Hello out there:

My system: G-5,OS X 10.4.8; 2.5 GB RAM; FCP 5 & iDVD 4

This seems so simple yet I can't figure it out! I have 3 projects that I just completed that consist of only audio interviews, jpeg-photoshop-tweaked-photos and text generated in FCP. I created & burned 3 separate iDVD projects and now want to ARCHIVE all this information in case I have to make a change for the client!

The project is set up a la Larry Jordon style--but I guess JPEGS & AIFF files aren't considered time-code based material...or are they?

BUT, I have these 3 HUGE 6-8 gigabyte projects on my desktop both as FCP/Quicktime files and the iDVD projects...2 of the iDVDs are on the external drive...taking up way too much space!

I need to make more room for another project--is there a way to archive an iDVD or my FCP project???

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Di
Re: archiving audio & jpeg photo project!
November 09, 2006 04:12PM
> The project is set up a la Larry Jordon style--but I guess JPEGS & AIFF files aren't considered
> time-code based material...or are they?

You should have archived the iDVD projects before burning the DVDs. The encoded files become part of the iDVD project files, bloating them up. There might be a way to go into the file and delete only the media without touching the design elements, but I'm not familiar with the method.

The FCP full-quality QuickTime movie files would be too large to archive. If you want to save a copy, output to tape or buy an external drive. For backup purposes, a USB drive would do fine, though FireWire is far more versatile.

As for editing materials, no, JPEGs and AIFF audio files are not timecoded. You have to backup all of them in their original form in order to re-create the editing project. Use data DVDs or, again, an external drive.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics