sebsky tools - batch bwf conversion

Posted by shar 
sebsky tools - batch bwf conversion
November 16, 2006 10:56AM
Anyone know anything about sebsky tools? i'm converting bwf files to qt for use in FCP, but sebsky only lets me convert one file at a time - I have about 400 files.

If I select a whole folders worth of files, it converts one immediately (i see the new file pop up in the finder), but nothing else converts. There's a progress bar that pops up when I do the conversion, but seems to be for decoration only. The only way to know what's happening is to see the files as they appear in the Finder. Occasionally sebsky lets me do two at a time.

I'm working in FCP HD on a Powerbook G4 laptop. osx.4

thanks for anyone who has experience with this
s
Re: sebsky tools - batch bwf conversion
November 16, 2006 11:42AM
We would need to know about more about your project to be truly helpful but here are some things that might help.
In the help menu you need to look for an option called bwf2qt. Make sure you have checked all your preferences like it says. The shortcut for bwf2qt is apple-4, once the dialogue is open you can shift-click to select more than one file for conversion.
That should get you the batch conversion. I was able to do 4 files of polyphonic BWF files just now using this method.
What frame rate is your material recorded at?

ak

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
November 16, 2006 12:04PM
I have done all that and am not getting the batch conversion. I re-downloaded the program just in case something was wrong with the app, same issues.

The files are 29.97 ND files and NTSC NDF is selected.

I also checked dharmafilm's forum and there's at least one other person with some similar issues, namely: "The "Conversion In Progress Window" stays up although the process is finished.
Create Batch list looks like it doesn't work, as i can't see where the batch list is saved. I would expect it would be in the output folder i assigned, but its not."

I don't have to have a batch list, my biggest issue is not being able to do more than a single file at once.
November 16, 2006 02:34PM
Shar,

I just tried to reproduce your problem, but here it works as Andrew described above (and as it always did work). Maybe your files our file system is corrupted.

Andreas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics