How to record from FCP to DVD?

Posted by Stu_Jaimison 
How to record from FCP to DVD?
November 17, 2006 03:44PM
What is the easiest way to play a project in FCP and record (in real time) directly to DVD (without creating a movie file, burning it to DVD with Toast, etc)? Do you need an expensive Kona card or something?
Re: How to record from FCP to DVD?
November 17, 2006 05:36PM
Assuming your system has analog output, get yourself a dvd recorder. I use a Sony consumer model that I got a Best Buy for about $175. I jus play out the sequence and press record. Works great.
November 17, 2006 06:02PM
So I just need a simple analog video out PCI card or something? No need for an expensive Kona card or something? Then configure FCP to route it to the card?
November 17, 2006 06:27PM
By far the easiest way is to buy a stand-alone DVD burner and plug the two systems together. I understand you can get them with USB or FireWire connections now. Press record on the burner and play in Final Cut.

If you don't have a digital connection, then you need some way to get from Final Cut to analog cables. You could use your camcorder or tape deck as an intermediary.

We have two burners like that and they're connected through a large video routing switcher.

Koz
November 17, 2006 08:50PM
I agree. Get a standalone DVD HDD recorder. Run firewire straight to the recorder, or, if no firewire, go firewire to your deck (or camcorder) then out of the deck via RCA cables into the DVD recorder. Press record, press play in FCP. When done, press stop and you're done.

We actually often record to HDD first, then lay off to DVD, because it means we have a copy of the program ready to burn to multiple DVDs anytime they are required.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics