FCP 5.02 and Firestore FS-100 Issues

Posted by ajwedding 
FCP 5.02 and Firestore FS-100 Issues
December 03, 2006 05:49PM
So I shot footage on an HVX200 with the Firestore FS100, and I can't seem to open the files in FCP 5.02. When I drop down to Import, select P2, it shows me thumbnails of the files. But when I click on one of them, it says files cannot be opened, and may be corrupt. But I am able to view them on the camera, and they seem fine. Do I just need the new crossgrade? Anyone help?
Re: FCP 5.02 and Firestore FS-100 Issues
December 03, 2006 06:02PM
This article might help

[www.studiodaily.com]

Michael Horton
-------------------
December 03, 2006 07:18PM
I am following the instructions from that article, and I am still having problems. I feel like there must be a few people who have experienced this, as I have found a few, but no one has found a solution yet.

AJ
December 03, 2006 07:21PM
are you trying to open them from the fs or have you copied it all to another drive
December 03, 2006 07:59PM
I have tried both, keeping the "last clip" text with the contents folder
> when I copied to a seperate drive.
December 03, 2006 11:04PM
I was just told from the previous owner of my firestore drive that you must have FCP 5.1.2 in order to work with .mxf files from the firestore drive. Guess I have to wait for my crossgrade!
December 04, 2006 02:24AM
Hi
I had a similar problem and this was the information that I was given on this fantastic site and what I did. I made the list of .mxf files openable with quicktime and changed the file ending to .dv
Then I could drag and drop the files straight into the browser.
I noticed that the smaller file sizes wouldn't open at all but the footage was contained in the larger files sizes. I'm not sure you need 5.1.2. I may be wrong though.
Hope this helps although I found the process such a nightmare that I won't bereturning in a hurry.
Chandos
December 04, 2006 07:13AM
As I gave the tip:
This does not work for DV100 (HD) files. Only two channels of audio will be in the file

Chandos Elletson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I'm not sure you need 5.1.2. I may be wrong though.
Every version of FCP should work.

Hope this helps although I found the process such
a nightmare that I won't bereturning in a hurry.

Here some script for the next time it happens. Open Apple's ScriptEditor and paste the script below. Since the script might be reformated by the browser or your mail app, make shure that every text line end with "-- end of line". Then click the run button.

(*
This script copies the files of the VIDEO folder of the CONTENT folder to a new directory and renames them
© 2006 Andreas Kiel, kiel@spherico.com
*)

set sourceFolder to (choose folder with prompt "Choose Folder VIDEO of CONTENT of your MXF ?"winking smiley -- end of line
set targetFolder to (choose folder with prompt "Choose Target Folder ?"winking smiley -- end of line

set posixSourceFolder to POSIX path of sourceFolder -- end of line
set posixTargetFolder to POSIX path of targetFolder -- end of line

set fileList to list folder sourceFolder without invisibles -- end of line

repeat with theFileName in fileList -- end of line
	if (theFileName as text) contains ".mxf" then -- end of line
		set newFileName to (text 1 thru -4 of theFileName) & "dv" -- end of line
		set shellScript to "ditto --rsrc " & quoted form of (posixSourceFolder & theFileName) & space & quoted form of (posixTargetFolder & newFileName) -- end of line
		do shell script shellScript -- end of line
	end if -- end of line
end repeat -- end of line

Regards
Andreas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics